Sunday, July 30, 2017

July 2017 Smalls SAL

Yay for another Smalls SAL entry! I actually have 2 this month!

First up is Classic Mario to continue with my video game theme/series that I will be stitching up to add to my nerdy office!

FINISHED! Classic Mario 

He is super tiny but oh so cute! I made the pattern based off a promo picture of him on the Nintendo website a few months ago. I contemplated doubling his size when I realized how small he would end up but then decided against it. I'm also considering possibly adding to him. Maybe have him hitting a ? block and/or jumping over a goomba. I'm definitely not sure but for now cute little Mario is considered a finish!

My second Small piece was a spur of the moment decision. I was adding to/fixing our little gallery wall of photos near the front door and realized I needed something else to balance the pictures. I then decided I would add a W for our last name. I thought about buying the letter and then painting it or something but then the idea popped in my head to stitch the W using the colors from our wedding!

FINISHED! oneofakindbabydesign's "Letter 'W' Cross Stitch"

I found a blue/purple DMC variegated floss that was perfect since our wedding colors were blue/purple/white! Believe it or not it took me a while to find a W pattern on Etsy that I really liked. I love how it came out and how it looks added to our wall! Don't mind the center picture frame....I realized it wasn't straight after I took the picture and then fixed it but never took another after 😆


That's all for my July Smalls SAL post! For August, I do have 2 smalls planned as well. To continue in my video game series, I will stitch the main character from my absolute favorite series, "Suikoden," Tir McDohl. Like Mario, I will stitch the character but may go back and add something to him as well. The second piece will be for Mii's needleminder exchange so that it is ready to go once I know who/where it will be sent to!

8 comments: