Wednesday, August 9, 2017

WIP Wednesday

I am posting really late thanks to just getting home from work and picking up my daughter from the sitter's. However, I'm going to try to beat the clock to midnight to make sure this is still a Wednesday post! I have 30 mins :-P

First up is my usual, the map! Not too much progress this week thanks to being busy over the weekend and also stitching a couple other small things as well. 

Last week it looked like:

This week it looks like:

It's kind of hard to really notice a difference but the border is starting to be stitched and the horse has a mane, as well as some other little details starting to pop up. I hope to have much more progress on this by next Wednesday.

Next, I have 2 new small starts. The first is a jewel tone geometric pattern that I found on Etsy and I am absolutely loving how this is stitching up and is actually almost done after 1 day of stitching!


The second is a poinsettia that I am experimenting on plastic canvas with for the first time. If it works out then I would like to maybe make it into a magnet but we shall see. 


It is obviously not very far into the pattern but I hope to have this done in the next day or two, at least the stitching part that is. 

That's it for my WIP post and I beat the clock by about 15 minutes to still consider it WIP Wednesday! *does a happy dance*


4 comments:

  1. I really like the colours you're using on the geometric pattern, it looks great. Really impressed with the map stitching, what a big, full of details project to be working on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I absolutely love jewel tones so when I saw this pattern, I knew I needed to stitch it!

      Delete
  2. It's nice to have smalls to work on between the bigger projects. If you like jewelled designs, have you looked up Shannon Christine?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just looked up her designs and they are very nice! Thank you for bringing them to my attention!

      Delete